As this reminder from Green Apple Books and Ibram X. Kendi urges, let's not distance ourselves from books!
As we reduce the number of IRL events we have with our chapters, organizers are planning online meetups to share what we're all reading, offer reviews, and connect with book lovers around the world.
Below, find the current list of virtual Silent Book Clubs. We will add to this list as we learn about more. Please email us (email@example.com) if you or your chapter are hosting a bookish hangout online.
The fun part of an online SBC meetup is that you can join any event in the world, so explore the other chapters and meet fellow readers in another city!
Silent Book Club Virtual Meetups
- Lincoln, NE: Every other Sunday, RSVP to the next one here
- Denton, TX: Join their Facebook group to participate
- Palm Springs, CA: Via their Instagram account
SBC Online: Has been doing the online thing the whole time!
Sunday, March 29:
- Den Haag, Netherlands 9am CET - Join the Meetup group and RSVP to learn more
- San Francisco, CA (USA) 4pm PST - Download the Zoom app and click here to join
Monday, March 30:
- Luxembourg 7pm CEST - Join us via Zoom
Wednesday, April 1:
- Orange County, CA (USA) 6:30 pm PST - Join their Meetup group to RSVP
Saturday, April 11:
- Berlin, Germany 3pm CEST - Join their Meetup group and RSVP to learn more
Wednesday, March 18:
- Kansas City, MO (USA) 6:30pm CST - See Facebook post for details
Thursday, March 19:
- Genova, Italy 8:30-10:30pm CET - See Facebook event for details
Saturday, March 21:
- Boone, NC (USA) 6pm EST - RSVP to the Facebook event for details
- Los Angeles, CA (USA) 10am PST - Send a direct message with your email to @silentbookclubla on Instagram
Sunday, March 22:
- Torino, Italy 4:30-6:30pm CET - RSVP to Facebook event
Tuesday, March 24:
- Binghampton, NY (USA) 6pm EST - Join the Facebook group to RSVP
Thursday, March 26:
- Genova, Italy 8:30-10:30pm CET - RSVP on Facebook
For more updates and guidelines for organizers and SBC members, please see our COVID-19 announcement. And PLEASE practice social distancing and stay home.